6.23.2014

Great hair products for taming frizz


Purchased by me 

I thought of this post yesterday afternoon while blowing out my hair. I realized my beloved anti-frizz hair cream is ending on me and got into full panic. I know I dont write as often as I should here, but my researcher try-it-all personality when it comes to beauty stuff is never off. And although I love trying a lot of different products, I have some others that I would never dare changing because the lack of them is disastrous in me. That said, most of them are hair stuff. 

On a little note about my hair: We were dared enemies for the first 27 years of my life. It was always tied, always in a knot, a bun. It was shiny and bouncy mostly because I have never colored it, I didnt know (in that time) how to use a blow dryer, not even a curling iron. 

We became friends, but we were in the process of knowing each other: like coffee dates or using messenger. Slow but steady, we were falling in love with the other. It started to get loose and as it was long ( far beyond my half back ) it was gorgeous and glance-stealing. I still didnt use any tool to manage it,  I used to let it air dry and I became a pro at it. There was when my love for anti-frizz products began: my hair is wave-prone, but frizzier and as it is thin, it can get messy and tangled. It was still in the works. 

Then one winter it was so cold I couldnt manage to go to work with my wet hair ( the next thing you need to know is that I have really really greasy scalp, the one you notice after a day of washing. And my hometown is always past 90F, so, going without washing it is kind of not possible) so I started to use the blow dryer. And when I got the groove of it, everything changed again. 

After that awful winter, I decided to chop it to a just-at-my-chin bob. I love it beyond words. I feel sexier and beautiful and everything. The drying time is shorter, sometimes is curly, sometimes is flat, volume on the top, at the back, you name it. Its so versatile. And, it has helped me to notice which anti-frizz products work best, because the difference is obvious when I use the wrong one. 

So, the thing you need to know is that if you need any product for taming frizz, LOreal is your safe bet. There are easily five different products that I can name, that will work for you, depending on what kind of hair do you have, how many time are you planning to spend on it, how much frizz you are dealing with. So lets go. 

1. Shampoo / Conditioning
There are some good choices here, depending on price, and your region. Any one of them will work for you. If you only need a little help, this is a good start, so you wont need to bring the other guns.

Smooth-Intense-Polishing-Shampoo
EverSleek-Sulfate-Free-Smoothing-System-Intense-Smoothing-Shampoo.
LOreal Elvive-kera-perfect 

Conditioner is always needed. Specially if you use a lot of heat or products. Use it before shampoo and thank me later. Any of those line´s conditioners are awesome. 

2. Styling Creams / Serums
I rely on this particular one. I promise you, this will never fail: 

Smooth-Intense-Xtreme-Straight-Creme-

I can not go without this one. I like it better than the Eversleek  ,although that one is better than most of other drugstore brands, just not as good as my loved one, because its not as effective: lets say the rest of them are 5 out of 10 effective, the Eversleek is 7 out of 10 and the Smooth Intense is 9 of 10 ( Im giving a point just because Im human and I havent tried the rest of the world´s products for taming frizz. I can be wrong )

Special mention to this serums: 

Suave moroccan-infusion-styling-oil
Organix Penetrating Oil 

Two pumps before blow drying will shorten the time and leave your hair shiny and smooth, and the frizz wont come. 

(If you see the John Frieda frizz serums, stay as far as possible from them, they are a mess)

Sometimes I will go with another kind of shampoo but the conditioner is essential to me. That and the styling cream. This products have made me love my hair for the first time in my life. They deserve a blog post. 


What are your favorite hair products?


No comments:

Post a Comment